Discover what a real rebozo can do for you
- Birth preparation and pregnancy with rebozo massage: Relief, well-being and relaxation for pregnant women. Deep and safe massage.
- Before and during birth: Improves the chances of a complication-free birth. Read more under the tab page "rebozo massage".
- For baby's developmental leaps, teething and general care: a rebozo sling provides reassurance and easy, quick relief when baby needs extra care by being carried close to the body.
- Helping parents with challenges: Carrying in a rebozo wrap or sling reduces colic, reflux and eases baby's digestive system when carried belly-to-belly and in the vertical position.
- Treatment of stress and anxiety: Rebozo massage releases oxytocin and endorphins, relaxing the body and making you feel pleasant. It's easy to get tense when you feel stress or anxiety. The massage treats this.
- Treatment massage: Can be used for pain, soreness, disability, chronic pain and more without posing any risk, as long as you stop the massage in case of discomfort.
- Treatment for autism, ADHD, special sensitivities and the like: Rebozo massage creates calm, security and pleasant physical contact for children with autism, ADHD, special sensitivities and the like - without overstimulation.
Courses & workshops
22/9-2023 & 23/9-2023: Rebozo workshop - Magic of rebozo in perinatal care
Rebozo workshop: Magic of rebozo in perinatal care
WITH GUADALUPE TRUEBA, LCCE, CLC, BDT(DONA) Midwife and doulaGuadalupe Trueba has more than 45 years of rebozo experience as midwife and doula. "Traditional Mexican midwifery practices for pregnancy, birth and postpartum." For both beginners and advanced: Learn strategies in the use of the rebozo and expand its benefits in pregnancy, both normal births and those that move away from their physiological course and after birth.
The opportunities for B2B cooperation
We collaborate and are happy to helpPrivate clinics, hospitals, midwives, doula's, sling counsellors, physiotherapists, educational institutions, clinics working with stress, clinics for patients with disabilities, yoga instructors, therapists for children with autism and ADHD and more.
B2B - resale, workshops, courses, education and moreWe can offer rebozo workshops, sling guidance, educational presentations with practical exercises and the possibility of reselling rebozos. We are also open to collaborate on more types of activities. Do you want to resell rebozos to your clients/course participants? We are happy to make a package deal with a good quantity discount on rebozos.
Used by Danish hospitals and professionalsWe collaborate with several Danish hospitals and various midwives, doula, physiotherapists and obstetricians and more.
About business to business - questions and answers
WHAT IS REBOZO MASSAGE?
- relief of pregnancy pain and discomfort.
- safe and natural muscle relaxation.
- to get the baby in the right position in the pelvis before birth.
- painless and is also used for non-invasive reversal attempts for breech baby.
- labor stimulation - during birth in the labor phase.
- supports the baby's rotation through the birth canal - during birth.
- can correct inappropriate head position - during childbirth.
- an aid to the body's recovery after childbirth.
- also beneficial for other purposes.
RECOMMENDED BY MIDWIVES
"BE PREGNANT TOGETHER" - ACTIVE HELP FROM PARTNERRebozo massage is a fun, safe, natural and effective way to be pregnant with your partner, friends or family. With the rebozo, fathers/partners can get involved in the birth by performing rebozo massage, which means they actively help relieve pain and get baby in the right position.
WHY CHOOSE A REAL AUTHENTIC REBOZO FOR REBOZO MASSAGE?Massaging with a authentic handwoven rebozo targets muscles on the pregnant woman that can't be reached with ordinary massage with hands or other types of fabric. It is much easier for a professional (midwife, doula, obstetrician, etc.) as the effect is achieved with less physical work because the stretch and meassurements support the massager. The fabric grips easily, unlike other types of fabric that don't wrap in the same way and can slip around during the massage.
HOW TO MAKE REBOZO MASSAGE?Rebozo massage works by taking a rebozo and spreading the centre of the rebozo over the area of the body you want to massage. The massage is given by gripping the ends of the rebozo and then switch between three techniques: shaking the muscles, stretching the muscles and pausing for relaxation between movements.
DURING PREGNANCY - RELIEF OF PREGNANCY PAINS, RELAXATION AND PREPARATION FOR CHILDBIRTHRebozo massage has the special effect of both relieving pregnancy discomfort and treating pain in pregnant women, and rebozo massage massages deeper in a safe way so that, for example by relaxing the deep muscles in the pelvis, you positively affect the baby with rocking movements and create better space for the baby in the belly.
PRE-NATAL AND LABOR PHASE - BIRTHING POSITION AND TURN ATTEMPTSRebozo massage, with the right technique, can both rotate the baby into the right birthing position - ready for birth, the massage can stimulate labor and you can make painless turn attempts of the baby in a natural and safe way for both mother and baby. For example, a midwife, doula or obstetrician may carry out the massage.
DURING LABOR - BABY ROTATION, HEAD POSITION & AVOIDING CAESAREAN SECTIONThe rebozo technique relaxes the muscles in and around the pelvis, which can help support the baby's rotation through the birth canal and correct inappropriate head positions. Rebozo massage can therefore also help to avoid caesarean sections. This is supported if you receive rebozo massage continuously during pregnancy. In Mexico, they do rebozo massage during labour (and in preparation for labour), where labour goes a lot faster because the massage supports the baby's passage through the birth canal and women relax more.
- Shake your muscles- you grab the ends of a rebozo and pull the middle from side to side to make small shakes on the area of the body you want to massage. The little shakes of the muscles have a soothing effect and loosen up the muscles. As mentioned in the above paragraph, rebozo massage penetrates deeper into the muscles that the pregnant woman needs to be massaged while not being uncomfortable for either mother or baby in the womb, and it is a natural and non-invasive way.
- Stretch your muscles - you grab the ends of a rebozo, which wraps around the pregnant woman where you want to stretch the muscles. You pull/stretch the rebozo, and the stretch in the rebozo takes hold, so the muscles are stretched too. Like the shaking exercise, this stretch penetrates deeper and works to stretch tight and locked muscles that is hard to reach otherwise. Stretching positively affects the muscles of the abdomen and pelvis and helps to provide better space for the baby in the abdomen, as relaxed muscles create a larger space inside the abdomen. This exercise effect cannot be achieved using another cloth without stretching, and the dimensions of a rebozo are adapted to cover the area of the body that the pregnant woman needs stimulated and relieved.
- Pause for relaxation - pausing between shaking and stretching exercises gives the optimal effect as it helps the muscles to relax after the gentle touch and you can feel the muscles relax after the massage.
Can't you just use a towel, bed linen or a regular scarf and such and save money?
Here you can read about why, although you can do it, you won't get the same effect and relief from discomfort or pain. For example, it is impractical to have too much fabric between the hands and around the pregnant body to do the exercises.
The rebozo has the right dimensions and stretch - so you get the full effect
Which came first the chicken or the egg? The rebozo or the rebozo massage? The answer is that the rebozo cloth came first, and over the centuries Mexican midwives developed the rebozo massage, which is performed with a handwoven rebozo. A rebozo therefore has the precise measurements, both in length and width, to suit the various rebozo exercises. A rebozo is perfect for getting a good grip with your hands, and there's not too much fabric around the pregnant woman's tummy or pelvis. It is also better for professionals to work with:
Rebozo with multifunction - beautiful and unique
The precise measurements are important for the masseur (for example, your partner, doula or midwife) to massage in the right position. The rebozo is gentle while getting a real grip and deeper into the muscles than other fabrics, due to its measurements and handwoven rebozo stretch. This spares the backs of professionals, who don't have to use as much effort as with other gowns, and prevents the fabric from slipping both in the hands of the masseur and on the pregnant woman's body. With a real rebozo, you can safely do the three rebozo techniques described in the section "How to do a rebozo massage", and get the most out of the rebozo massage.
All our rebozos for rebozo massage also have multifunction, so they can be used both during pregnancy for rebozo massage, after pregnancy to carry the child from 0-5 years in a sling or ring sling and they can also be used as a scarf with good memories preserved. We're also a little proud that our rebozos are also beautiful, unique and high quality.
One option is to bring your own freshly washed rebozo to the hospital for rebozo massage during labour in the labor phase. Arrange this in advance with your midwife, doula or obstetrician if it is possible.
- All our rebozos are handwoven on treadle loom and the fringes are knotted/tied by hand. Each family workshop we work with has their unique rebozos in texture, colour and design.
- Quality takes time. Each rebozo takes 1-3 days to hand-weave depending on the length and design. They weave their emotions and inspiration into each rebozo.
- We support the artisans by paying a fair price, so they earn a good price per piece, keeping their craft tradition alive and supporting the growth of the local community.
- Cheapest is not best. At Rebozo Copenhagen, we can vouch for the fact that everything is done under proper working conditions, even with gender equality. We regularly visit the family workshops in Mexico and meet the artisans. It's reassuring that we see the workshops and the people behind them, with whom we have a good relationship.
- Less impact on the environment. During the weaving process, no CO2 and similar harmful gases are emitted, as our rebozos are woven on pedal looms by hand (and leg) labour. Factory mass-produced goods are often about quantity rather than quality, and the durability is often short and the quality poor. We have not chosen that for ethical reasons. It is important to us that we can vouch for the quality and the work process.
- Our handwoven rebozos are not comparable to factory copies. An authentic rebozo is hand woven. Our rebozos are distinguished by quality. They weigh the same as woven wraps (270 grams per sqm), but feel light and airy. They are incredibly easy to make slings and wraps from and to use for rebozo massage. At the same time they are woven with very strong threads and the rebozo weave increases their durability. Washed properly, they can last for many many years, maybe even for the rest of your life.